Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

BP5_PhotoPeach


Did you ever want to create a quick slideshow that would still look professional? PhotoPeach is just the tool to use. I continue to be amazed at how creative and easy many of these Web 2.0 tools can be. Over the years I've had many occasions when a slideshow would be just great to share an event with family and friends, but I've just not done it knowing how much time it would take to get something that really enhanced my photos and was entertaining at the same time. It was such a great discovery when I found PhotoPeach while searching for another tool to explore. Sometimes the words “quick” and “easy” can be really misleading, but PhotoPeach really delivers.














Just go to PhotoPeach , make a very simple account, upload your pictures, choose or upload your own music, give it a title, and viola! You have a great slideshow complete with background music and creative transitions in a matter of minutes. I created one from pictures of my sister's August wedding, and I uploaded it to my Facebook page directly from PhotoPeach. The directions were really clear, and the process was completely painless. To see if it was as easy as I thought, I tried it out on my sixth grade class. In about 15 minutes they were enjoying slideshows of the pictures they took the day before. It was a real hit, and I'm getting requests to make more. So give it a try. I think you'll be impressed.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Holly. It is so good to have alternatives to Power Point, especially ones that can be used with younger students. It sounds like upper elementary and middle school students could have success with this in a relatively short amount of time and without convoluted instructions. This would give them good background for more sophisticated applications later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good hunting, teammate - First off, I concur with Pat about the goodness of a PP alternative. Second, I am excited about using an easy-to-use presentation tool. It would be fun to have students construct and present within a single class period. The possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete