Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

BP2_iGoogleScreenShots


The next step in the ETC process is creating my PLE (Personal Learning Environment) using iGoogle. It's an application that allows me to work with different areas, eg. home, school, coursework, or research, and have all of the resources I need for an activity at my fingertips. Here are screen shots of the iGoogle pages:

The first screen shot is my Home Page, where my gadgets are for general daily activities. I can access my Facebook, Twitter, To-Do List, and favorite web links. I can also include news, weather, or any other item of interest.



The second screen shot is my ETC (Emergent Technologies in a Collaborative Culture) course page. This is where I can find the gadgets I need for my basic course work this month. It gives me access to Blogger, relevant web links, To-Do List, Google Reader, Flickr, and Google Docs.



The third screen shot is my FSO (Full Sail Online) page. I've put the things that are useful for my general work at Full Sail here. That includes a Box of Links, LinkedIn, Full Sail Email, Wimba classroom, and a To-Do List.



The fourth and last screen shot is of my AR (Action Research) page. The gadgets on this page are all related to my year-long research project. I've included a Box of Links, To-Do-List, and Diigo. The links on this page will help with references, APA reference style, research sites, and a sample project as a guide.



All of these pages can be edited whenever it's necessary, and other pages and gadgets can also be added. I'm so impressed with this resource; I can be really productive by working smarter and avoiding all the time spent hunting for resources, making lists, and trying to find url's for my contacts. This has the potential to keep me very organized and on-task. Now if iGoogle could just cook, clean my house, and walk the dogs while I'm doing all this coursework, they'd really have something!




No comments:

Post a Comment